Electro-acupuncture is the application of an electrical current to acupuncture needles to stimulate healing within the body. Whilst acupuncture has been used for thousands of years, electro-acupuncture is a recent addition, but it is quickly becoming a favoured treatment within clinics.
So what is electro-acupuncture? And how can it benefit your patients?
What is Electro-Acupuncture?
When using electro-acupuncture, needles are inserted on specific points along the body. The needles are then attached to an electro-acupuncture machine, which generates continuous electric pulses. It is a beneficial treatment as it is easy to control the frequency and it can be customised depending on the patient’s needles. Electro-acupuncture can also help to reduce total treatment time by providing continuous stimulation.
Electro-acupuncture is especially useful when there is an accumulation of Qi, such as chronic pain, or where Qi is difficult to stimulate. The electrical current allows the points to receive constant gentle manipulation and prolongs stimulation, without damaging tissue. Some patients may experience a tingling sensation, which is due to the current as the process pulsates electrical currents.
The Benefits of Electro-Acupuncture:
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces pain
- Improves muscle stiffness
- Benefits rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Helps with weight-loss and obesity
- Promotes healing and improves circulation
Please note: some patients with heart conditions may be better suited to other therapies.
Phoenix Electro-Acupuncture Range:
- High performance and versatility packed into a handy palm-sized machine
- 3 output channels
- Low/High intensity settings
- Safe, reliable and easy to use – the intensity of each channel is independently controlled
- Dial controlled and built-in battery checker
- CE approved
- Soft carrying case and 3 pairs of lead wires
- Frequency range: 1-500Hz
- Six channel output
- Battery operated for portable use
- Adjustable voltage and frequency
- Electrode stickers which can be applied directly to the skin to be used with or without needles
- Built-in timer
- Adjustable sensitivity probe-point locator
Drawing on his 30 years experience of using electro-acupuncture, Stephen Lee presents the treatment of a number of musculoskeletal conditions frequently seen in the clinic. The handbook contains a clear and fully illustrated step-by-step guide to treating the following conditions:
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Carpal tunnel
- Finger and thumb joint pain
- Lower back pain
- Hip pain
- Groin pain
- Knee pain
- Achilles tendon pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Scar tissue
All of our electro-acupuncture range is available to buy in the shop.
If you would like to know more or if there is a specific electro-acupuncture product you’d like us to stock, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org