Today marks the start of Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 (10th May – 16th May), with this year’s theme surrounding ‘Nature’. The past 12 months have been extremely challenging, with the effects of lockdown taking a toll on people’s mental health and wellbeing.
Mental health disorders are medical conditions that can disrupt a person’s thinking, feeling, mood, ability to relate to others, and daily functioning which can result in a diminishing capacity for coping with the ordinary demands of life.
Complications linked to mental health include decreased enjoyment of life, social isolation, extreme mood changes and depression, to name a few. These symptoms can negatively affect emotions, thoughts and behaviours. With so much uncertainty in the world, supporting mental health awareness is taking one step closer to ensuring those suffering get back to their best.
Chinese Herbal Medicine Assisting Mental Health
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has been practised for thousands of years, with research detailing that mental health disorders can disrupt the flow of Qi (vital energy). TCM does not recognise any mental disorder as one syndrome. These methods aim to treat specific symptoms unique to the individual to restore imbalances in the body.
Chinese Herbal Supplements are made using decocted methods of mixing herbs together to create an infused formula/blend. These supplements contain a 5:1 herbal concentration ratio, meaning that commonly used formulas may benefit your patient’s mental health.
Chinese Herbal Formulas for Mental Health
- Ba Zhen Tang – addresses fatigue, assists poor mental function, can help anxiety, and helps to restore balance, Qi and vitality to the body.
2. Gui Pi Tang – helps with insomnia, addresses anxiety, fatigue, poor appetite, depression, assists with anorexia, poor memory, helps to improve immune system regulation and anti-stress.
- Bai Zhu
- (Da Zao)
- Dang Gui
- Fu Ling
- (Gan Cao)
- Huang Qi
- Long Yan Rou
- (Mu Xiang)
- Ren Shen
- (Sheng Jiang)
- Ye Jiao Teng
- (Yuan Zhi (Zhi))
3. Jia Wei Xiao Yao San – helps improve energy, aims to reduce irritability, anxiety, depression, generalises body pain, assists with heaviness in head or body, assists with tiredness or insomnia.
4. Jie Yu An Shen Pian – helps to reduce symptoms of depression such as sleeplessness, misery, sadness, anxiousness, lack of enjoyment in life, feelings of failure, addresses insomnia, helps to sedate the mind and aims to assist with neurofunctional exfoliation.
- Bai Shao
- Du Zhong
- Fang Feng
- Gan Cao
- Gui Zhi
- Hai Feng Teng
- He Huan Pi
- Mo Yao
- Mu Dan Pi
- Ru Xiang
5. Si Ni San – assists to alleviate mental depression, helps raise quality of sleep and aims to help exhausting the stagnation of Qi and blood.
For more information on our Aura Herbal Nutrition range to assist with mental health disorders, please visit our website here: https://bit.ly/3er4xZE.
Don’t forget, the team at Phoenix are always at hand to help!
At Phoenix, our products are ATCM and RCHM approved. All the ingredients used are classified as food products in the European Union. Moreover, our products are recognised by the UK Food Standards Agency (FSA) and local trade standards.
As a supplier of Chinese herbs, we have utilised our own supply of premium non-sulphur treated DaoDi herbs to ensure that our products align with our company values. Furthermore, our products are manufactured in a GMP certified factory, which uses classical production methods. Certificates of Analysis are provided with every batch.